Bipartisan purple had a fashion moment on Inauguration Day in the United States, as Vice President Kamala Harris, former First Lady Michelle Obama, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton all opted for powerful head-to-toe statements of unity in violet, purple, and plum. It's also a color that has variously represented royalty, the NACWC and the Black women's movement, women's suffrage, and Victorian half-mourning -- the latter relevant today as a sign of hope as we move past the depths of the pandemic and see new light at the end of the tunnel. Our 6th annual February fashion month event, "Inside Out 6 - Purple Reign: Fashion's in-house counsel on a new U.S. administration and a new world order," invokes this symbolism as we ask counsel from a range of fashion companies to share their legal insight and foresight on topics including sustainability, digital innovation, data privacy, bankruptcy, and diversity, equity, & inclusion. We look forward to seeing you on Friday, February 26, from 8:45-10:00am New York time -- in shades from lavender to ultraviolet, of course!
DATE: Friday, February 26, 2021
PLACE: Online via Zoom
NYS CLE: 1.5 hours professional practice, transitional and non-transitional
- Nick Barnhorst, Vice President, Head of Legal & Regulatory, Fresh, Inc.
- Louise Firestone, SVP, Legal Affairs and General Counsel, LVMH Moët Hennesy Louis Vuitton Inc.
- Marie Funel, Corporate Counsel, Birchbox, Inc.
- Jeffrey Hellman, Senior Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, PVH Corp.
- Ashley Valdes, Senior Counsel, Warby Parker
- Moderated by Professor Susan Scafidi, Founder & Director, Fashion Law Institute at Fordham