Gone shopping lately? Who’s using the data you left behind? Whether it’s a friendly bot that’s asked about your birthday, a criminal who’s bought your credit card number, or a watch that’s watching your every move, the potential privacy problems are ever-increasing – and we’re all wearing our digital hearts on our sleeves.
In the rapidly evolving world of big data, native advertising, and repeated consumer data breaches, what is the lawyer’s role? Is mere compliance with formal standards enough? Or should lawyers be the soul of the machine when it comes to data privacy, e-commerce, and social commerce?
Please join us for a panel discussion, “Data Night: The Lawyer’s Role in Data Privacy and E-Commerce.”
DATE: Wednesday, October 29, 2014
TIME: 6:00 pm reception, 6:20-8:00 pm panel
PLACE: Bateman Room, 2nd Floor, NEW Fordham Law School building, 150 W. 62nd Street
NYS CLE: 2 hours total (1 ethics & professionalism; 1 professional practice, transitional and non-transitional)
- Ewa Abrams, Vice President – Associate General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer at Tiffany & Co.
- Brittany Bacon, Associate at Hunton & Williams LLP
- Eric Fishman, Senior Manager of Business Processes and Internal Controls at Gilt Groupe
- Nisa Ojalvo, Vice President of Legal Affairs at LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton Inc.
- Joel R. Reidenberg, Stanley D. and Nikki Waxberg Chair and Professor of Law; Founding Academic Director, Center on Law and Information Policy at Fordham Law School
- Jeff Trexler, Esq., creator of the Fashion Ethics, Sustainability and Development course at Fordham Law School
Fordham Law alumni, Fashion Law Institute Bootcamp alumni, past Fashion Law Institute Pop-Up Clinic volunteers ($65)
Non-attorney fashion industry professionals, Fordham law students (Free — but please register to guarantee admission. No CLE credit.)
Others, including law students from other institutions ($25)
The Fashion Law Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and the world’s first academic center devoted to the law and business of fashion. For more information about the Institute or the CLE hardship policy, please contact us at email@example.com.